Online Catalogue / Disposables / General Supplies
Covidien Parietex ProGrip™ Self-Fixating Mesh
In hernia repair, surgeons want to balance security and patient comfort with ease of use. Parietex ProGrip™ self-fixating mesh delivers all three. Its advanced microgrip technology provides immediate fixation of the entire mesh surface for a secure repair and even distribution of tension for patient comfort. Designed for ease of use, the resorbable polylactic acid (PLA) microgrips enable surgeons to position and place the mesh in under 60 seconds, without the use of additional fixation. Surgeons and patients can depend on a secure repair with the potential for greater patient comfort.
All of Covidien’s Parietex™ products are created from a macroporous polyester material which produce superior cellular proliferation when compared to polypropylene mesh in vitro.
- Immediate fixation of the entire mesh surface as opposed to individual suture points on the peripheral edge
- Substantially stronger incorporation than fibrin glue and equivalent incorporation to hernia stapler fixation at five days
- Even distribution of tension across the repair rather than focusing tension on individual fixation points
- Reduces potential of chronic groin pain from sutures entrapping nerves
- Position and place in less than 60 seconds
- Easy and secure positioning of mesh around the cord
|Catalogue Number||Description||Unit Measurement|
|KENDTEM1409GL||Left Side Flap, 14 x 9 cm (5.5”x 3.5”)||Each|
|KENDTEM1409GR||Right Side Flap, 14 x 9 cm (5.5”x 3.5”)||Each|